Friday, August 29, 2008

What will we do?

I have several people in my family who are vocally supporting McCain, claiming it's better to vote for him than to have Obama as president. These are people I greatly respect, but I think they're missing something - the fact that we have no good options in the major parties.

The title link in this post goes to a War on Guns post illustrating this absurdity.

I was discussing this with my wife, and she asked me, "So what will we do this election?" To which I replied, "Stay home and clean our guns."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reckon I'll do both.

jon said...

voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil. once the lesser evil wins, that evil is realized, and becomes the greater.

naturally, to do good you must choose neither, and suffer the consequences.

Anonymous said...

But is it practical to sit at home on your butt, on principal, and suffer those consequences...at least McCain's pick of Palin offers hope to those of us within the gun culture.